5. Gudum Convent
In the Middle Ages, the Gudum Convent, a nunnery of the Order of Saint Benedict, was situated in the Trælborgdalen valley by the village of Gudum between Lemvig and Struer. It is first mentioned in 1268, but it must have existed some time prior to this. In 1484 the convent suffered massive damage from floods, after which the nuns were given permission by Bishop Hartvig of Ribe to move up to the present-day Gudum parish church above the valley.